The library makes available to island groups a public meeting room consisting of a large conference table and seating for up to 38 people. The meeting room comes equipped with large tables, chairs, and multimedia equipment.
Meetings that are open to the public, free of charge, and without requests for donations may be scheduled by contacting Library Staff at 378-2798. For meetings of this nature, (free, open to the public, etc.) there is no Meeting Room usage fee. However, the Meeting Room is also open on a fee basis to organizations (non-profit or for profit) or institutions which charge a fee or tuition or request a donation, subject to approval. When applicable, the fee for use of the Meeting Room is $50 per meeting.
| || |
|As part of their island franchise agreement, Adelphia/Time Warner provides the library with free basic cable which does include Public Access channels. Patrons may avail themselves of this service by reserving the Meeting Room and watching on the television provided. |
The Library offers 11 multi-purpose computers with the following capabilities:
- High-speed Internet access for web browsing and web email
- MS Office- word processing, spreadsheet, publication, and presentation applications.
- Online databases
- Catalog & Interlibrary Loan searching
- High quality laser printing at $.10 / page
These computers are divided into three basic categories:
- 4 Workstations tower style computers available for 30 minute sessions. Sign up at the Reference Desk.
- 2 Student Priority desktop computers available for 30 minute sessions with special priority access given to students in the hours immediately following school. Sign up at the Reference Desk.
- 5 Laptops computers available for 1 hour sessions for use within the Library only. All patrons must fill out an Acceptance of Responsibility sheet to check out a laptop. In addition, Patrons 16 years old and younger must have a guardian's Acceptance of Responsibility on file at the Reference Desk to use these computers.
General Public Computer Rules:
- Each person may sign up for one computer usage per day, laptops included.
- Users may sign up 2 days in advance for a 30 minute computer. Laptops cannot be reserved unless by prior agreement with library staff.
- Users have a 10 minute grace period to begin their session before their slot is forfeited. The session length will not be extended due to late arrival.
- Sign ups must be done in person at the Reference Desk. No phone, web, or email sign ups are allowed.
Upon request, the library serves as a location for independent test-taking for local schools and employers.